Welcome to “The Week Ahead,” a weekly snapshot of what the week looks like as we sit presently on a Monday.
It wasn’t just you this morning, it was really cold. In fact, it was the first region wide freeze of the season with the vast majority of folks dipping down below the 32° F mark overnight. The average overnight low was 29.3° F mark. As is normal, the mountains had the lowest temps as they dipped down into the low 20s, a few marine coastal areas still hovered near the 40 degree mark. The vast majority of us were at the freezing mark overnight, however.
Another observation this week comes from the Capital Weather Gang regarding today’s first freeze:
For the first time this fall, the temperature at Reagan National Airport dropped to the freezing mark. It came five days later than the 1981-2010 average of Nov. 18.
Here is a peek at the remainder of the week:
Monday, November 23, 2015
- Preeeeeeeeety cold. Yep. That’s about it. Cold.
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
- The only difference between today and Tuesday is the fact that the winds die down and the temp jump a bit. This time round it’ll hover in near 50 as a warming trend starts.
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
- It’s like Tuesday but may be a few clouds on top. No real difference to note overall.
Extended Outlook (Subject To Change)
Thursday, November 26, 2015 (Thanksgiving)
- The turkey will be carved and the football will be snapped,
As the Thanksgiving holiday does not look to be mishapp’d.
The food to be served and the holiday tidings to be turned,
The Thankfulness given won’t be as brisk as the heat hidden.
Not a drop the the sky as you seek to drink your cup dry.
Temps near sixty will feel quite nifty.(Basically, nothing weather wise to worry about. Temps near sixty.)
Friday, November 27, 2015
- Rain possibly returns on Friday evening with temps in the mid 60s.
Weekend, November 28-29, 2015
- Chance of rain possible on Saturday with the colder beating out the cooler temps on Sunday.
The fall feels like winter to start the week but looks to trend more mild as we head towards Friday. Only rain looks to MAYBE come to start the weekend, but still a bit of a ways out to nail down those details.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Enjoy it.